Friday, February 15, 2008

Mommys Valentine


Celebrating Valentines Day with Owen.... We started out making heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. Owen received a package from his Grandma Green that included a heart filled with M&Ms. Owen dug in grabbing two fists full that he immediatly shoved into his mouth. Owen got to keep the empty plastic heart and this morning picked it up, brought it to me and began signing "more". He became very upset when I did not give him more candy. Anyway he does not usually use any sign language but a few months ago I was trying to teach him baby sign language. He did not appear to be receptive to signing other than the "all done" sign so I just stopped. Well, when my mom came to visit last month we gave him candy and he out of the blue started signing more. Its was so cute so of course we had to give him more candy! Thats the story of the "more" sign. Finishing up Valentines Day we decorated cookies at a friends house who had a cute little Valetines party where all the food was cut into heart shapes and Owen wore his black "Mommys Valentine" shirt.

7 comments:

Amy said...

We taught Sebastian 'more' by using his favorite food. He figured out that by signing 'more' he was getting what he wants. Reading your m&m 'more' story totally sounded like something Sebastian would do. Kids are hilarious!

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Hey! DId you tell me you had started blogging? It seems like you did but I just happened to see you on Bischoffs. I love the pictures (you look so cute in your wedding pic.) I can't beleive I still haven't met Penny!

Cakester said...

My sweet O sure loves his candy! Can't wait to see him next weekend.
Love, Nana

Reno 411 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reno 411 said...

You are such a good little mom. I love seeing Owen's fat fingers in the heart reaching for more candy. He is so dang cute. I know I would totally give in to to him if he signed "more" for candy.

Amberlynn said...

Your collage turned out so good! Looks like you had a great V'Day!!

Alysia said...

I love the new layout. Ver cute. I also like your collage, I don;t know how to do some big and some pictures small like that, you will have to teach me. You are such a fun mom making heart pancakes and everything!


View My Stats
TCBOTB
 
design by suckmylolly.com